By accessing and/or using the website and/or registering for 'SMC Networks' database, you become a user, thus accepting, from that moment in time, the General Conditions as well as the Specific Conditions which, where necessary, complement, modify or replace the General Conditions with regard to certain services and content of the website.
USE OF WEBSITE, SERVICES AND CONTENT
The user is under obligation to use the website and its services and content without infringing the law and/or public order. Moreover, the website may not be used for illegal or harmful purposes against SMC Networks or any third party, or purposes which, in any way, could cause damage to or prevent the normal functioning of the site.
Regarding the site content - information, text, image and/or sound files, pictures, design, etc.- the following are strictly prohibited:
- Reproduce, distribute and alter content without the express consent of the legal owner or without complying with the applicable legislation
- Violate the copyright of SMC Networks or that of its owners
- Use content for commercial or advertising ends other than those legally permitted or agreed between users and SMC Networks
- Attempt to obtain the portal content by any means other than those placed at users' disposal, as well as those regularly used on the web, provided that they do not cause any harm to SMC Networks' portal.
USERS' RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE
The use of the website is the sole responsibility of the user. Such responsibility shall extend to the use, on the part of the user or any third party, of any passwords or similar codes assigned for accessing the website or any of its services.
Notwithstanding the above, SMC Networks reserves the right to refuse, at any time and without prior notification, access to the portal for any users who breach these general conditions or the specific conditions applicable in each case.
SMC Networks respects your privacy. We wish to make use of the personal identification information that you provide us with in order to serve your needs better. "Personal identification information" is information that enables us to identify you, such as your email address, name, title and address. We use the personal identification information in order to personalize your experience on our website and to service you better through product purchases, technical support and/or customer service.
SMC Networks' policy on the use of the personal identification information supplied to us or collected via users' visits to www.smc-australia.com.au covers the following areas:
NOTICE AND DISCLOSURE
This Online Privacy Statement is made available in order to make users aware of how we collect and use personal identification information:
We collect the following information on visitors to our website: domain name, name, information on the web pages accessed, information given by you on a voluntary basis, such as survey information, email address, or site registrations, information related to products purchased and information about your business.
Your data will only be managed and shared by companies belonging to the SMC Group, some of which are located in countries where no law concerning personal data is in force. We do not make personal identification information available to third parties, except to the extent requested by law enforcement agencies in the event of a criminal investigation or suspected illegal activity pursuant to a valid court order or subpoena.
From time to time, we use customer information for new unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will contact you before we use your data for these new purposes to notify you of the policy change and to enable you to opt out of these new uses. We will also post the policy changes on our site to notify you of these modifications and enable you to opt out of these new uses if you so desire. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our site periodically.
New users have the choice to opt out of having their personal identification information provided in the registration process for any purpose unrelated to the purpose for which the information was provided to us. You may also communicate to us that your personal identification information should not be used for additional purposes.
You can always exercise your rights of access, rectification, deletion and objection before the corresponding SMC Company.
When you sign up to be part of an email list, you will be given instructions at that time on how to remove yourself from that list.
Access to certain SMC web pages requires a login and password. The use of these web pages, and the information or programs available on these sites, may be governed by a written agreement between your employer and us. We may retain your individual identification information for sales purposes
The brands SMC, SMC NETWORKS, BARRICADE, TIGER, ENJOY INNOVATION and their corresponding logos are all registered trademarks and their reproduction is forbidden without express authorization from the holder.
If you prefer not to receive cookies on our site, you can set your browser to warn you before accepting them so that you can refuse the cookie when your browser alerts you of its presence. You can also refuse all cookies by turning them off in your browser. You do not need to have cookies activated to use any area of our site.
Nevertheless, SMC Networks uses session cookies (that disappear when the session is finalized) in order to offer certain on-line services to specific types of users, such as e-training examinations, access to B2B information, restricted areas, specific promotions, etc.
In the event that we undergo a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, or asset sale, your individual identifying information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. You will be notified by means of a prominent notice on our site for 30 days prior to a change in ownership or control of your individual identifying information.
SMC Networks is not responsible in any event for any damage resulting from:
- Lack of availability, maintenance and correct functioning of the website and/or its services and content.
- Lack of usefulness, appropriateness or validity of the website and/or its services and content in the satisfaction of needs, activities or results expected from users.
- Presence of viruses or harmful software programs in site content.
- Receipt, securing, storage, diffusion or transmission of site content by users.
- The unlawful, negligent, fraudulent use, or the use contrary to these general conditions, of the website, its services and content, by the user.
- As our site may contain links to other sites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. Please remember that any information that you disclose on these sites is out with our control and responsibility and may be used in any way by the third party website.
Hyperlinks from any website to www.smc-australia.com.au or any of its pages are subject to the following conditions:
- Total or partial reproduction of services or content offered at www.smc-australia.com.au is strictly prohibited.
- Deep-links to www.smc-australia.com.au or any of its pages and the creation of browsers or border environments is prohibited.
- Under no circumstances will SMC Networks be liable for any content or service placed at the public's disposal on the web page from which the hyperlink is made, or for the information and statements included therein.
SMC Networks may modify, unilaterally and without prior notice, and at any time considered appropriate, the structure and design of the site, as well as modify or remove the services, content and access and/or use conditions.
The duration of the website services offered to users is not defined.
Notwithstanding the above, SMC Networks reserves the right to interrupt, suspend or terminate the website or any of its services, in the same terms set forth in section four.